You have done your homework and hired the photographer whose work appears to be best in line with the style and quality of photos that you desire for your family, but now what? There are certain steps that you can your family can take in order to best prepare for your photo session. Consider these photo’s an investment in your family’s personal history and therefore worth prepping for.
- Set a time and date most conducive to family relaxation
- Book the session for the right time when your family can arrived unhurriedly and can relax for a few minutes. Directly from work, from school or from other daily activities of your family is not an appropriate time for the session. Set a day when everyone is off work or no classes, or a day with no other engagements or conflicts.
- Prepare your children in advance
- Depending on your child’s personality consider letting them know about this session in advance and what will be expected of them. Consider having a surprise plan or a special treat like cakes or shopping planned for after the session, so they look forward and get excited for the whole day.
- Dress so everyone feels their best
- Plan for your family’s personal hygiene and physical appearances (i.e. haircuts, makeup, and nails – if applicable) in advance so everyone can project or pose stunningly and fabulously. Plan non clashing outfits, remembering that solid colours often look best in these type of photos. Don’t leave getting ready yourself until the last minute.
Bring out the best in your family portraits by hiring My Family Photographer in Brampton, who can aid you preparing your family to get the most our of your session through these and other helpful prep tips.